COVID-19: Information for Fireplace Customers
• Are Fires & Home Heating Products Considered Essential?
Yes! We have permission from the Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment (MBIE) to sell and deliver fireplaces and replacement parts, even during lockdown (Level 4). This means you are able to purchase a fireplace and we can deliver it to you using appropriate safety precautions.
• How Can I Buy a Fireplace through 4 Seasons?
We aim to make it as easy as possible. Our sales team are working remotely (even during Level 4) to assist you with this process:
- Contact your nearest 4 Seasons store via phone or email on the Our Stores page or visit any fireplace product page and click Request a Quote – you’ll be asked to fill in your contact details and select your nearest store.
- Your sales consultant will ask you some questions to ascertain a suitable fireplace for your location and home and provide you with a quote. They can also provide some information about delivery, installation and (for wood fires) the permit process.
- Your sales consultant will send you a final quote – to accept this, pay the amount on the quote. Payment options include bank transfer or use your credit card to pay via secure payment portal link.
- 4 Seasons will arrange contactless delivery of your fireplace using its trusted partners. In some instances, your installer may take delivery of the fireplace and bring it to your home on installation date. In some cases, you may choose to have your fire delivered after lock down ends, in which case we can hold it for you.
• Can I Get a Site Check or Get a Fireplace Installed During COVID-19?
Yes, you can ask an installer to perform a site check during Level 4 lockdown but the Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment (MBIE) has asked that this only be done if absolutely necessary. In many cases, a site check won’t be necessary. Your installer might ask you for floor plans or photos to assist instead.
Yes, you can get your fireplace installed. The MBIE expects installers to adhere to appropriate safeguards such as physical distancing and hygiene practices. 4 Seasons works with trusted NZ Home Heating Association-registered installers or you can choose your own one.
Bear in mind, if you’re getting a wood fire installed, you’ll first need to apply for and receive a permit. This usually takes 20 working days through Council and delays can be expected during COVID-19. Many of our installers also complete permits for wood fires.
• Should I Wait Until Level 4 Ends?
Our advice would be if you’re in a position to buy your fire immediately, you should. The main reasons are:
- Delays are expected with permit processing for wood fires. You should apply for your permit immediately and you’ll need to confirm the model of the fire you’re installing when doing this.
- Due to COVID-19, there’ll be a rush on essential products like home heating when retail stores reopen. We anticipate longer wait times with providing quotes, arranging site checks, delivering goods and booking installations. In short, if you start today, you get yourself ahead in the queue.
- We may experience ongoing periods where areas of the country, or all of the country, are at different levels such as 2, 3 and 4. As a fireplace is an essential good and essential to you and your family’s well being, we strongly recommended getting it sorted. More time at home may be a reality for all of us for the foreseeable future.
Get in touch!
So talk to a heating expert at a 4 Seasons shop near you. Six stores nationwide, including Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga, New Plymouth, Nelson and Christchurch.
*Easy Heat process may vary based from store to store – talk to your local shop for details.
We recommend installing your fire in the spring or summer months as lead times increase prior to and during winter.
If you need a new wood, gas or electric fireplace installed, relax, with our Easy Heat service.
Installing a fireplace can be a stressful and time consuming process. With Easy Heat, 4 Seasons and a professional installer take care of the hard work for you.
How does Easy Heat work?
Step 1 choose your fireplace
Your sales consultant will ask you some simple questions to determine a suitable fire for your home and provide you with a quote.
For wood fires, this includes:
- whether you live in a metro or rural area and what size property you have
- whether any local clean air restrictions apply to you
- whether you need a clean air or Ultra Low Emission Burner
For all fires, this includes:
- size of area you need to heat
- what extra features or accessories you’re looking for
- what price range suits
- whether you’re interested in finance
All 4 Seasons showrooms have a range of gas fires, electric fires, wood burners and wood stoves to suit all homes, tastes and budgets, so your sales consultant can recommend suitable options.
Step 2 home visit from an installer + installation quote
You need a qualified installer to visit your home to ensure the fire is right for your needs and to determine additional components needed to complete the installation. Each of our stores work closely with one or more experienced installers so we’ll arrange for one to get in touch to do this.
Step 3 review and accept your quotations
Review both your product quote and installation quote. Purchase your fireplace immediately so 4 Seasons can order the products in time for installation. The installer will bill you for the installation service directly at a later date.
Step 4 delivery and installation
4 Seasons can arrange the delivery of your fireplace. It is your responsibility to have any preparation or building work completed in time, if relevant. The installer will arrange an installation date with you.
Do I need a permit for my fireplace?
All wood fires require a permit. If you’re replacing an existing wood fire, you need a new permit for the replacement one. Start collating your permit information as soon as possible. Your installer can take care of the application process for you (fees apply).