Retail Links Ltd t/a 4 Seasons BBQ SPA HEAT PATIO (4 Seasons), 7 Forests Rd, Annesbrook, Stoke 7011, is the franchisor to 4 Seasons retail stores throughout NZ and maintains a national website.
4 Seasons is committed to protecting the privacy of each of our customer’s personal information. We access and manage your personal information in an open and transparent way. 4 Seasons will not use or disclose your personal information for purposes unrelated to our business activities and the services we provide, unless we first obtain your consent. 4 Seasons will only use your personal information when it is necessary for us to deliver you a service or perform other necessary business functions and activities.
Our Privacy Obligations
4 Seasons is bound by the requirements of this Act, which regulates how we may collect, use, disclose and store your personal information. This Act also specifies how individuals may access and correct information held about them.
“Personal Information” means information or an opinion about an identifiable individual (or an individual who is reasonably identifiable), whether true or not, or recorded in a material form or not. Typically this type of information could include your name, contact details, age and address.
In this policy ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ and ‘4 Seasons’ refers to (and this policy applies to) Retail Links Ltd t/a 4 Seasons BBQ SPA HEAT PATIO.
Collecting and Holding Personal Information
4 Seasons will only collect your personal information by lawful and fair means, and not in an unreasonably intrusive manner. It is 4 Seasons’ usual practice to collect information directly from you when you:
- become a 4 Seasons customer by purchasing a product from one of our stores or establishing an account
- register as a customer on our website
- register with any of our other marketing programs
- place an order with us or complete any online form on our website or online payment gateways
- subscribe to marketing and sales material or communications
- complete an online form on one of our social media channels (for example, Facebook)
- complete a survey
- enter a trade promotion or competition
- request delivery of products
- provide feedback via phone, e-mail, chat or social media
We may collect information about you from a third party or a publicly available source, but only if you have consented to such collection, or would reasonably expect us to collect your personal information in this way. However, in some circumstances, 4 Seasons may need to collect your personal information to provide you with a delivery or other service. In some cases, if you do not provide the required personal information we will not be able to provide you with that service.
If we receive information about you from a third party and it is not information we need in respect of our business activities, we will destroy or de-identify that information (provided it is lawful to do so). If we receive information in error (e.g. via social media) we will act promptly to remove the content.
What Kind of Personal Information do we Collect and Hold?
Any personal information that you provide via our websites or directly is collected and managed by 4 Seasons.
The types of personal information 4 Seasons may collect includes your:
- date of birth
- marital status and family details
- residential, business and postal address
- email address
- contact telephone numbers
- identification details
- password for online access
- testimonials or opinions
- financial information, such as credit card details
- written or verbal contact with 4 Seasons, including voice recordings of telephone conversations you have had with our employees
- information relating to your access to our website
- information provided to NZ Post or our Courier suppliers
- activities, including but not limited to lifestyle and other interests
4 Seasons also collects personal information (which may include sensitive information) from its employees (past, current and future) in order to provide a range of employment related services.
4 Seasons collects personal information directly from job applicants (and their referees) or from recruitment agencies and related service providers. The information we collect may include your name, address contact details, employment and education history, the names of your referees and other relevant information. This information we collect about you will be used for recruitment purposes and may be disclosed to third party service providers who provide recruitment related services to us.
Whilst you may opt not to provide us with your personal information, you should be aware that without this personal information, we may not be able to provide you with some of the services and/or products you are seeking.
If you provide us with information about any third party, you must obtain that person’s permission to give us the information and inform them that you have given the information to us.
Use of your Personal Information
We use your personal information for a variety of reasons including to:
- contact you in relation to one of our loyalty, survey or marketing programs
- provide services and products to you
- send you an abandoned online shopping cart or ‘shopping bag reminder email’
- answer your inquiries and deliver customer service to you
- tell you about other products that we think may be of interest to you
- enable us to undertake a credit assessment
- maintain and improve customer services
- meet our legal obligations
- consider making offers for employment purposes
- manage and resolve any legal, consumer or commercial complaints, warranties and issues
- carry out internal functions including training
- conduct marketing research and analysis.
In What Circumstances will 4 Seasons Disclose Personal Information?
In the course of conducting our business and providing our products and services to you, we may disclose your personal information.
We do not give it to anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- you have consented to the disclosure
- you would reasonably expect, or have been told (by this Policy or by other means), that your information is passed to those individuals, businesses or agencies; or
- the disclosure is otherwise required or authorised by law.
If we engage third party agents or contractors, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that they do not breach privacy requirements in relation to the information, before we share your personal information with them.
Who do we Disclose Personal Information to?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- another Retail Links Ltd business, such as your nearest 4 Seasons shop
- to companies that perform services on our behalf such as Council permitting staff, installers, printers, post suppliers, delivery companies, data entry service providers, trade promotion or gift card administration, account management providers, IT companies that manage and maintain our database, survey companies acting on our behalf and digital marketing agencies (for the purposes of targeting on social media)
- professional advisers (such as lawyers or auditors)
- payment systems operators, banking and financial institutions
- organisations authorised by 4 Seasons to conduct promotional, research or marketing activities
- upon lawful request from law enforcement agencies or government authorities; and
- any persons acting on your behalf including those persons nominated by you, executors, trustees and legal representatives.
In all circumstances where your personal information is disclosed, we will take all steps reasonable to ensure that these third parties undertake to protect your privacy.
We are committed to compliance with all laws and requirements relating to the use of your personal information. We will only use or disclose your personal information for direct marketing purposes if you have provided your information for that purpose (and you would expect us to use the information for that purpose), or if you have provided consent for your information to be used in this way (for example, though a catalogue, email, SMS/TXT message or direct mail permission).
When we contact you it may be by mail, telephone, email, SMS/text message or social media message.
Where we use or disclose your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing, we will:
- allow you to request not to receive direct marketing communications (also known as ‘opting-out’ or ‘unsubscribing’); and
- comply with your request to ‘opt-out’ of, or ‘unsubscribe’ from receiving further communications within a reasonable timeframe.
By subscribing to our email, you consent to receiving emails which promote and market our products and services, or the products and services of others, from time to time.
You can unsubscribe from our email communications at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any promotional or marketing email received from us.
We use email open and click tracking including cookies, a single pixel image for tracking and link redirects for tracking clicks, for us to get a better understanding of which email communications are of most interest to you so we can provide you with a better experience by sending relevant and interesting email communications.
From time to time, we may contact you with information about products and services offered by us and our related entities or our business partners, which we think may be of interest to you.
Remarketing with Google Analytics and Others
We use Remarketing through Google Analytics and other third party providers to advertise online by delivering 4 Seasons ad content to you which is specifically targeted to your interests based on your visits to our website. Third-party vendors, including Google, show 4 Seasons ads on sites across the Internet.
Reputable third party vendors, including Google, show advertisements for our products on various sites on the internet. 4 seasons and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to our website.
Does 4 Seasons Disclose Personal Information to Overseas Parties?
Your personal information may be disclosed to 4 Seasons’ suppliers, business partners and 4 Seasons’ service providers overseas.
The countries this information may be disclosed to will vary from time to time, but may include Canada, Chile, China, New Zealand, Vietnam.
Sometimes we use third party platforms and services to process sales, provide web support, send marketing messages, deliver products or otherwise deliver information. These services are hosted and managed by organisations other than ourselves, and some of these services are hosted overseas.
Your personal information may be stored in a secure and encrypted form overseas (e.g. in data storage and cloud computing facilities operated by us (or by third parties on 4 Seasons’ behalf).
Use of Government Identifiers
4 Seasons will not use Government Identifiers, such as a driver’s license number as its own identifier of individuals.
Data Quality and Security
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is stored securely and is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use secure servers, and industry standard data encryption whenever we are receiving or transferring your personal information online. However, we accept no responsibility for any loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction of personal information which you submit to us.
The personal information that we collect about you is stored on our database servers & filing systems managed by us in New Zealand.
If you request for us to do so, we will note your customer record as ‘deleted’, which means it will not be used for any purpose (such as marketing). However your customer name and number will still remain in our database as it will be attached to historical transactions.
Our websites are professionally hosted and operate in a secure environment. You should however be aware that there is always an inherent risk in transmitting your personal information via the Internet. We use the secure Hosted Payment page solution from DPS to process online orders. Customers can see their cards being debited in real time, all in an SSL secure environment. We take website and credit card security extremely seriously, and always endeavour to provide a secure safe platform on which to conduct online transactions.
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide in computer servers with limited access that are located in controlled facilities secured by the latest in surveillance and security technology. When we transmit sensitive information (such as a credit card numbers) over the internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. Credit card details stored on site are encrypted. DPS is also certified AIS compliant.
To make sure you are accessing a secure server, check for the unbroken key or closed lock symbol located generally either at the bottom left or top right of your browser window. If it appears, then SSL is active. You can double check this by looking at the URL as well. If SSL is active, then the first characters of that line will read ‘https’ rather than just ‘http’. It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer.
Ensure you logout when you have finished visiting our websites especially if you accessed them from a shared computer.
Links to Third Party Sites
Whilst links to third party websites may be provided on our website, we are not responsible for the content or practices of those third party websites.
No links may be made to our website without our prior written consent.
How You Can Access or Correct Your Personal Information
You are able to make changes to your personal information via our website or contact centre. You can also request access to the personal information we hold about you at any time (online, over the phone or instore), and we will provide you with that information unless we are prevented by law from giving it to you.
If we are unable to give you access to the information you have requested, we will give you reasons for this decision when we respond to your request.
You will not be charged for accessing your information, although we might have to charge the reasonable cost of processing your request, including photocopying, administration and postage. We will advise you of any fee payable before we process your request.
If you believe that your personal information is not accurate, complete or up to date, please amend via the website, contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will correct this information.
How to Notify Us of a Privacy Concern
If you have any queries, concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information has been collected or handled by 4 Seasons; or would like to request access to or correction of the personal information we hold about you;
Please write to:
The Privacy Officer
4 Seasons BBQ Spa Heat Patio
7 Forests Road, Stoke, Nelson
If you consider your privacy concerns have not been resolved satisfactorily by us, or you wish to obtain more information on privacy requirements, please contact:
Privacy Commissioner on 0800 803 909 or visit their website at www.privacy.org.nz.